Tuesday 18 October 2011

Buying A Car

 Every family live in Canada have one or more car. My family has two cars, because it's very convenient for Canadian life. I have my own car, so I can go anywhere. I could go shopping, go to school, go to Tim Hortons with friends, go to volunteering, restaurants, supermarkets... I need a car, so it can help me to adapt to Canada.
When I arrived here, I couldn't drive, because I didn't have driver's license. We live in the suburb where I need to drive to buy anything. If you live in the city, you can take the buses and the subway. I felt a little sad because I couldn't drive at the beginning. In Canada, the residential areas, shopping centres and supermarkets are in different places, and you need to drive. Some places in Toronto don't have subway, it just have bus stop. I thought Toronto was a big city with good public transportation, but it was not. In my home country, there were many subway lines in big cities. Even if shopping centres and supermarkets were in difference places, you can take subway or bus. It is very convenient for families without a car, and you don't need to spent a lot of time on public transportation. Other than this, TTC's fare is expensive. You pay the same fare, no matter how far you travel. My home country's fare is cheaper than Canada, it was just half of the price in the Canada. So I consider that driving is very important for me in Canada. In Ontario, only two Asian countries can transfer their driver's license to here: Japan and Korea. I need to start from the beginning, from the written test to the road test. Although the test process was difficult for me, eventually I got the driver's license. I was very happy that I can drive anywhere. When l got my driver's license, my husband leased a car for me. I can go anywhere, such as school, shopping with friends and get to know Toronto. I don't like to stay all the time at home, because it is boring. I like to go outside every day, and I like to look for something interesting. l am very happy that I can drive. My car is like my friend, it can take me around Toronto. My car lets me get used to Canadian life, and I like it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. what's your car's brand? Show us your car's pictures please.

    ReplyDelete